1. Who are you?
2. What do you do?
3. Where do you often create/produce?
During the day.
5. Why do you play music?
Because I find it very engaging.
6. When did you start making music?
13 years ago.
7. Which track defines you the most?
It’s difficult to name one single track as there are many different things that I like in music.
8. How would you describe your own music?
9. Any track of the moment?
Same answer with question 7.
10. What influences your work?
Synthesizer processes, instrumentation ideas and a combination of various other aesthetics (music and non-music related).
11. What’s your academic background? Are you an autodidact?
Post-graduate level. I took piano lessons from an early age, however I didn’t really like playing the piano and I still don’t.
12. Favorite designer ?
13. Favorite book?
None, I don’t read a lot.
14. Favorite classic movie?
Far too many to list.
15. Favorite music label?
Same as above.
16. Your dream collaboration?
I enjoy collaborating, especially with friends of mine and also with people that I like their music but I can’t really name one single artist that would be my dream collaboration.
17. Are you analog or digital?
I am using both. In terms of sound sources I have been using mainly analog but I am using digital effects processors also. I am interested in digital fm synthesis as well but I haven’t used it much yet.
18. Which soft wares/tools/ instruments do you use/play? !
Vintage Roland synthesizers, Oberheim SEM, Chroma Polaris, modular system, vintage drum machines, analog and digital step sequencers, digital effect processors, spring reverb, guitar pedals, Logic for recording and a Soundcraft board.
19. Describe your creative process?
I will normally start by programming a drum machine or a combination analog/digital step sequencers, which will trigger various synthesizer voices and send these to effects through a mixing console. After deciding on a set of sounds that I want to use, I will perform the piece until I conclude to an arrangement. I will then record it live and edit it. Following that I will mix it on my mixer. I am doing all of the sequencing with CV/Gate as I prefer not to sequence with MIDI . I like this working method because it forces you to work with what you have instead of having to add more elements to it. For me working with this method is the primary objective and the direct result of what I am doing.
20. When are you the most prolific (creatively)?
I don’t really know, I wish I had control over it.
21. Any favorite record stores ?
I really like going to A Strange Attractor when I am in Athens.
22. What’s your life philosophy? (Optimistic/pessimistic)
I don’t have one but I guess I tend to be pessimistic.
23. Do you have a healthy lifestyle?
I am trying to, I have to quit smoking cigarettes.
24. How do you manage your time effectively? (Job/hobby) now ?
I am not so good at managing my time.
25. Any secret skills?
26. Any future plans?
I would like to move back to Greece.
27. What’s your life motto?
I don’t have one.
28. Any “mot de la fin”?!
podcast by June: