photography by J Saint Justin
1. Who are you?
2. What do you do?
Night riding mostly.
3. Where do you often create/produce?
Only in my apartment, in Montreal.
When I feel the urge. It’s really a momentary thing for me.
5. Why do you play music?
I never really asked myself this question. I feel it’s the only thing I am doing naturally in my life.
6. When did you start making music?
I started composing maybe 6 years ago. My interest in electronic music only dates back 2 years ago and I’ve been producing techno for a year now.
7. Which track defines you the most?
It has not been released yet, but I’d say Ginger Breaker Discovers LSD.
8. How would you describe your own music?
Harsh Groove Ass Techno Psychedelia.
9. Any track of the moment?
10. What influences your work?
11. What’s your academic background? Are you an autodidact? !
I’ve had academic formation in music from high school until the four weeks I’ve been in college before I dropped out, but I feel that most of the knowledge I use in my music comes from what I learned by myself outside of my academic background.
12. Favorite designer ?
13. Favorite book?
I’m not much of a reader, but right now I am reading Seven Years in Tibet by Heinrich Harrer and I’m enjoying it.
14. Favorite classic movie?
Eraserhead and Jesus Christ Superstar.
15. Favorite music label?
16. Your dream collaboration?
Alex Zhang Hungtai.
17. Are you analog or digital?
As analog as possible.
18. Which soft wares/tools/ instruments do you use/play? !
19. Describe your creative process?
As I said earlier, it’s really a momentary thing. When I feel the urge of creating, I’ll stop right away whatever I’m doing, wherever I’m doing it and rush back to my apartment to produce. Most of the time, if I spend more than an hour working on a track, I’ll delete any trace of it ever existing.
20. When are you the most prolific (creatively)?
Anytime of the day or night.
21. Any favorite record stores ?
I’m really not the record hunter type, but I enjoy sometimes spending a few hours digging in crates at Death of Vinyl.
22. What’s your life philosophy? (Optimistic/pessimistic)
Despite everything, I’d say I’m an optimistic person.
23. Do you have a healthy lifestyle?
Cigarettes. Scotch. Cocaine.
24. How do you manage your time effectively? (Job/hobby) now ?
I don’t really. I always end up doing the things I have to do last minute, even though I take my responsibilities seriously.
25. Any secret skills?
I drive tractors.
26. Any future plans?
Nothing I can officially confirm right now.
27. What’s your life motto?
Sex, depravity and stimulants.
28. Any “mot de la fin”?!
See you soon NYC.