1. Who are you?
Together we are Fallbeil.
2. What do you do?
Work hard play hard.
3. Where do you often create/produce?
At the Maschinenraum (Studio).
As often as we could.
5. Why do you play music?
Because we have to.
6. When did you start making music?
Collecting/Buying Records since 20 years. Dj ́s since 15 years.
Serious Producing since 5 years.
7. Wich track defines you the most?
8. How would you describe your own music?
Experimental Psychedlic Kraut Techno.
9. Any track of the moment?
10. What influences your work?
11. What’s your academic background? Are you an autodidact?
We are professional autodidacts.
12. Favorite Designer?
Tom Poettgen (RIP).
13. Favorite Book?
The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers.
14. Favorite classic Movie?
Der Superbulle Toni Marroni.
15. Favorite music label?
16. Your dream collaboration?
17. Are you analog or digital?
Both but mostly analog. We use the PC only for recording.
18. Which soft wares/tools/instruments do you use/play?
Akai Mpc 2000, Acidlab Bassline 3, Roland TR 707, Dave Smith Evolver,
Mfb 522, Korg Ea-1, Casio Rz-1, Yamaha DD-10, Roland TR 626,
Microkorg, Roland CR-5000, Dynachord Echocord Super 76, Korg Kaos Pad 3, Vox Stomplab 1G, Korg Em1, Dynachord Echocord Mini, Alesis Metavox,
Boss KM-10, Korg DDM 220, Korg DDM 110, TT – 303, Boss CS – 3,
Memory Boy Deluxe, Arturia Microbrute, Acidlab Miami, Soundcraft EPM 12.
19. Describe your creative process?
Meeting at the Maschinenraum. Turn off the mobile. Drinking beer and meditate.
20. When are you the most prolific (creatively)?
When its dark outside.
21. Any favorite record stores?
22. What’s your life philosophy? (Optimistic/pessimistic)
If you don’t work, you don’t eat.
23. Do you have a healthy lifestyle?
24. How do you manage your time effectively? (Job/Hobby)
Good question…next question.
25. Any secret skills?
Buying lots of records for lots of money…
26. Any future plans?
Doing more records and playing live.
27. What’s your life motto?
Do what you want to do and don’t pay too much attention to other people’s opinions.
28. Any “mot de la fin”?
Big up to our family and friends. Thanks to Drvg Cvltvre who was the first to support us.
Also thanks to Murray from Contort Yourself and big up to our homie Kuno for support and being fan since day one.