1. Who are you?
Привет! I’m Rad Machine, musician from Yekaterinburg, Russia.
2. What do you do?
I do what I want!
3. Where do you often create/produce?
Usually at home, but just in case sometimes I take midi controller and portable cubase with me.
Whenever I feel like to do some music, mostly at night.
5. Why do you play music?
Because music is the one of rare things that I really love!
6. When did you start making music?
I feel like I was making music in my head from the birth, but started to let it go out around 2010.
7. Which track defines you the most?
8. How would you describe your own music?
I can’t answer that, cause it was always hard for me to rate and describe my music.
9. Any track of the moment?
10. What influences your work?
My current mood and nature.
11. What’s your academic background? Are you an autodidact?
I quitted piano classes at the music school when I was around 12, and thats all.
12. Favorite designer?
I don’t have one.
13. Favorite book?
I love russian classic, right now I’m on Turgenev and Dostoevsky.
14. Favorite classic movie?
15. Favorite music label?
There are a lot of them! I’ll say Rephlex.
16. Your dream collaboration?
Me and Richard David James!
17. Are you analog or digital?
I’m digital who dreams to be analog.
18. Which soft wares/tools/ instruments do you use/play?
I try lots of plugins and instruments on my cubase. I’d say I prefer Native Instruments
production. My midi controllers are by Novation.
19. Describe your creative process?
Well, at first I imagine new track, then I try to record it the way I imagined it.
20. When are you the most prolific (creatively)?
It depends on my mood, sometimes at night, sometimes day is the way to go.
21. Any favorite record stores? (Real/virtual)
I can’t say that I have favorite one. I like Bleep for their podcasts though.
22. What’s your life philosophy?
Thats so complicated question,I think can write a book about it).
I’m optimistic for the most part.
23. Do you have a healthy lifestyle?
I quit smoking like 5 years ago and I ride a fixie- that’s enough for me.
But also i drink to much).
24. How do you manage your time effectively? (Job/hobby)
I don’t have a permanent job, so I just do things when I want to.
25. Any secret skills?
I’m great photographer but I don’t even have a camera! At least that’s what I think.
26. Any future plans?
Currently working with my comrades on our own tape/digital label. Looking forward to release LP on this label, and also to start playing my music live already.
27.What’s your life motto?
Stay true to yourself and don’t let the people around you, even your family, harm your dreams.
28. Any “mot de la fin”?
Go for your dreams!
Thanks for the interview, it was really interesting. Sorry for my english (just in case).