1. Who are you?
Beat maker from Minneapolis.
2. What do you do?
Stay up late/jam.
3. Where do you often create/produce?
Bedrooms for the most part.
5. Why do you play music?
Music has always been a part of me. I play to have fun and enjoy.
6. When did you start making music?
I started making music around 11 years ago.
7. Which track defines you the most?
Route 8 – edit#3
8. How would you describe your own music?
Coastal Shoreline House. Sometimes.
9. Any track of the moment?
10. What influences your work?
Lakes and time.
11. What’s your academic background? Are you an autodidact?
Lessons here and there of a variety. Self-taught along the way.
12. Favorite designer?
I don’t know designers.
13. Favorite book?
I should read more.
14. Favorite classic movie?
2001: A Space Odyssey.
15. Favorite music label?
16.Your dream collaboration?
I want to create with people on a global level. Anyone far away.
17. Are you analog or digital?
90/10 – Analog/Digital.
18.Which softwares/tools/ instruments do you use/play?
Korg EMX, Volca Bass, Roland EP-09, Maschine, Logic 9
Really anything I can get my hands on that sounds right.
19. Describe your creative process?
Power on and play until something sounds interesting.
Live track until the right take comes along.
I tend to move on quickly. Record as much as possible and save the best.
This is the process for the most part.
20. When are you the most prolific (creatively)?
No specific time. Sometimes the strangest times are the best times.
21. Any favorite record stores? (Real/virtual)
Cheapo Discs in Minneapolis.
22. What’s your life philosophy? (Optimistic/pessimistic)
Typically optimistic yet pessimistic for the future.
23. Do you have a healthy lifestyle?
For the most part yes.
Certain things in my life may be considered unhealthy.
Overall healthy as it can be.
24. How do you manage your time effectively? (Job/hobby)
At this point it is just a matter of setting my priorities and balancing a lack of sleep on either end.
25. Any secret skills?
I know a magic trick or two.
26. Any future plans?
The “Directions” tape release with Jungle Gym Records.
Also moving to Seattle in September.
27. What’s your life motto?
28. Any “mot de la fin”?
Thanks for the interview!
I will have a bunch of new tracks coming out within the next few weeks.