1. Who are you?
Geddes Gengras from East LA.
2. What do you do?
Organize sounds into music, often with synthesizers.
3. Where do you often create/produce?
Almost every day.
5. Why do you play music?
Everyone needs to play, this is how I do it.
6. When did you start making music?
7. Which track defines you the most?
8. How would you describe your own music?
With great difficulty.
9. Any track of the moment?
10. What influences your work?
11.What’s your academic background? Are you an autodidact?
First year college dropout/theater major. mostly self taught but there has always been help along the way.
Breakfast of Champions.
14. Favorite classic movie?
The Long Goodbye.
15. Favorite music label?
16. Your dream collaboration?
I’ve already had a few come true but Steven Stapleton.
17. Are you analog or digital?
18.Which softwares/tools/ instruments do you use/play?
I edit & arrange in pro tools, most sound is created with modular synthesizer systems.
19. Describe your creative process?
It’s like making maple syrup.
20. When are you the most prolific (creatively)?
21. Any favorite record stores? (Real/virtual)
22. What’s your life philosophy? (Optimistic/pessimistic)
All things must pass.
23. Do you have a healthy lifestyle?
24. How do you manage your time effectively? (Job/hobby)
Decompression management, faith in the full cycle of the creative process, having enough pies to keep all my fingers busy.
25. Any secret skills?
26. Any future plans?
This year lots of collaboration.
27. What’s your life motto?
Boogie til you barf.
28. Any “mot de la fin”?!
Keep it honest.